Sunday, September 24, 2006

Prayer Saved Bugs Again

Last night, I'd had enough of Bugs and her yeowling again. She's been at it since Thursday, at the top of her lungs. Maybe the eclipse had something to do with it. Anyway, I finally had enough. I was thinking of drowning her in the toilet or dropping her off the bridge into the river. I prayed about my thinking. I got an answer: give her some Black Cohosh Root.

Black Cohosh Root is good for women during childbirth and menses to relieve the cramps and bloating. Valerian Root is also used. Both were in my home herbal collection for many years. I used to be a fair to middling herbalist.

So, I'm going to get some and give it to her. I'll be making an infusion (tea). It will be fairly strong, probably 1 tablespoon of herb to 1 cup of boiling water. After it cools, I'll have to figure out the dosing for her, but I suspect she will need at least a tablespoon to start. With herbs, you *can* overdose, but they usually self-correct and don't cause permanent problems. I've learned this is true in other applications.

So, stay tuned because if this works as well as I suspect, this will be something I put on the website as an option for others in this situation.

Meanwhile, her vet appt is Nov 19th. Yes, that long in the future. Poor baby is just going to have to suffer until then. I guess we need more vets in Knoxville, TN.