Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Bugs and Work

Diary of a Cat Whisperer

Bugs was at it again Sunday night. I only got about 4 hours of good sleep and the rest was broken. I was SO tired yesterday! She spent the night in the carrier & I'm in a much better mood this morning.

Everybody else came for cuddles last night. Poor Beasley didn't get any because everybody else was all over me.

A friend has offered to get Bugs to the vet for me in exchange for some of my hairdressing skills. Sounds good to me! Barter is always a good thing...

The job is OK. Not very stimulating, but comfortable. The people seem to have a great working relationship, tease each other and play practical jokes on each other. There is one opening, and as long as my input is accurate, my speed may interest them in me for it. I'm not really concerned at the moment. The other person from the agency wants to go permanent, but I'm not all that sure. This is what I used to call my "dream job" because there isn't any stress, just a lot of work to be done.

However, I would rather work for myself at this point in my life. I don't like company scheduling requirements, the distance I have to travel to get there or the cost to my online life. It just isn't interesting anymore. The money is nice while it lasts, but there is no security in working for others. It's a false hope. I guess I've just changed my viewpoint too far.

Well, gotta get ready for the job, so I'll be off.