Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Website linking, work, general update.

Things are getting better day by day. I lost my job Friday, just before the computer went down. It's been rough for a few months, since February, actually.

So, with lots of time on my hands, I'm working on the website. I finally got a link for one of my favorite products that I've been having to give directions to get to! It's called "Relaxi-Herb" and it actually helps in so many ways! It's the only thing I've ever found for male cat sexual aggression, and I'm so glad it's out there! It's good as a general relaxant, too, but this one use puts it far above all the rest.

Then, PetSmart and PetCo are playing games again. Lots of items are gone or removed - some of them are products I promote heavily because of their uses. Other items get the links changed almost weekly. I wish I could find the stuff elsewhere and drop them both! Just because they are big and I'm little, doesn't give them the right to mess with me so bad. I can't even get a reply email!

I swear, the little guys are so much better at customer service! When you are smaller, you take the time to cultivate relationships with your publishers so that you can get big. It's called customer service.

When they're big, if somebody doesn't sell $5000 or more a month for you, you totally ignore them instead of helping them to do better.

For the same reason, I don't like big banks, big hospitals, big doctor groups, big car dealers or mechanic shops (no franchises for me!), and I won't go to Wal-Mart. I prefer the small mom-n-pop shops and stores in town. I get better service, even if they dont' have the wide selection and I have to pay a few cents more. They will get me what I want, I just have to wait a little bit. It makes me think before I buy. Do I really need it or do I just want it? Wants are fine, but a need is more important. Too many wants being satisfied and your needs don't get met.

Rich Dad calls this the "doodads" that speak to us. Is it a doodad or will it help me to survive? Spending on doodads takes all my savings and puts me in the hole. Publishers Clearing House is a perfect example. You buy magazines that you don't want so you'll win their sweepstakes, then they start sending you ads for stuff you don't need and never knew existed. Before you know it you're up to your eyeballs in the "4-easy payment plan" billings and you can't buy groceries! No thanks! Been there, done that. No more. I just toss 'em.

Every time I get myself out of the hole, it just gets bigger. Being unemployed doesn't help. So, I'll have to hit the bricks tomorrow and find work. Meanwhile, I'm here - talking to whoever is reading, keeping my pain and fear in check.

About the cats - well, Pretty Girl is ousting Beasley from the bed. He snuggles a lot in my chair to make up for it, but PG really needs to find a home of her own.

Morgen

No comments: