Saturday, April 28, 2007

Computer Is Dying!!!

My computer is dying! It doesn't recognize that there are 2 CD readers (one that writes), and the virus protection won't scan the thing anymore. I've done what I can to protect myself. It's the IDE controller - it died.

So, I may go offline for a bit. I'm asking for a loan at the bank (I hadn't planned on a new computer till at LEAST December!), and I'll just "go for it" and get a Mac Mini. I'll have a learning curve, a new computer operating system and CSS/XHTML at the same time. Not what I wanted at this moment, but I guess it's what I need.

In any case, I'm not doing ANY surfing, only tending to the barest essentials and trusting the process on the website. Most of the time, the internet is unplugged, and I'm doing the work I need to do offline.

So, don't concern yourself. I'm working on the newsletter issue right now.

The kitties are good. Queenie was spayed on Thursday and she's still upset about it all. She's doing better and the hissing has stopped. At least she came out from under the couch last night. I should probably dedicate some space to that issue - what to do for her after she's been spayed... that kind of thing.

Anyway, getting offline before my "static IP address" attracts attention.

No comments: