Sunday, April 01, 2007

Ramblings...

I did my semi-annual stint at the local public-radio station last night. I go in and answer phones -taking my pledge with me so I don't forget to mail it in later. Afterwards, some of the folks asked me to go out with them for beverages. I did! It was fun! I haven't had a "social" evening in quite a while and it was nice to do that.

I left early - about 10pm. I'm not comfortable driving at night and I don't go out much, so being out at night it's hard for me to stay late. But, I DID have a good time!

While doing my "fund raising," I again talked about the website and what I do. I was able to help a radio staffer with a cat and I networked to several really nice people. I even got myself involved in costuming again! That will be a LOT of fun, but I'm not sure how it will all fit in my busy life. There just aren't enough hours in the day!

I tell folks I'm a cat whisperer - that I can help you with your cats. And I can - but I don't have time for all the emails right now. I ask that you mail your question and I will answer it by email - but I can't take all the "frivolous" questions that take time. There aren't really any "frivolous" questions to the cat owner, but I had to figure out a way to slow the email. I need to be able to sleep as well as work and do email. I was getting really tired and grumpy, and that doesn't make for coherent or friendly interactions with people. I end up getting short and terse. Not a good way to deal with a cat owner in need! So, I had to slow it down. Working full-time is not conducive to an online business of this type. But until the website can pay me enough to not work for others, this is what I have to do.

I plan on adding more content and PLEASE, if you can't find your answer, do mail me!

If it works out, I'll try to get another book put together or something. Meanwhile, I plan on an article about BEHAVIOR issues, not fleas or other stuff this month. That's what I'm good at, after all.

No comments: