Sunday, February 25, 2007

The more I think about it...

I continue to think about that property. The more I think about it, the more possibilities I see in it. It would make an excellent first step, opening up the mail order and delivery side for me.

Pros:
It would give me a permanent storage location for stock.
It would provide a living space that would be enough for me and these kitties.
It's close enough to a "main drag" that UPS and FedEx could find me regularly for pickups.
It's on a corner, easy access.
Plenty of parking for at least 6 cars.
Security grates on the windows of the store area.

Cons:
If it should snow at all, access for trucks is cut off (but most of the town shuts down anyway)
No fencing around "private" areas.
No Garage, only a carport.

I still haven't seen the property. I guess I'll have to call the agent again and see what he can come up with to get us in for a viewing. I need to see if the apartment will need a lot of work for me to live there.

Fencing can be purchased and put up. That is a mild deterrent, and there is a chain-link on the one side. I didn't look at the other because I was going the other way.

The carport still gives shelter from rain and snow. That also is not a great deterrent. Also, lattice can be put up for privacy.

I've almost got myself talked into this property. I need to do a little more research. I hate that! I really need to see it, I guess.

No comments: