Friday, January 25, 2013

Weather!

We're having an ice storm here. When I lived in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, I didn't understand the difficulties of folks in East Tennessee, but now I do. There's no going anywhere today.

The parking lot is pretty much a sheet of ice, and if I can even get out, I've got a downhill trek to the road, then an uphill trek pretty much anywhere else. It doesn't matter if your car is 2-wheel or 4-wheel drive, you only have 4 little patches of rubber on the road. If they are in contact with ice, you aren't moving.

I really wanted to go back to my house today. I had plans. Oh well. My kitties will have to wait another day. The weather gurus are all saying that this will be gone tomorrow, so I'll get to see my babies then.

You noticed I didn't say "home," didn't you? Well, I'm moving up here, to the mountainous area, so I guess this is "home," now. Or at least it will be once the cats show up.

No comments: