Sunday, January 21, 2007

Yikes! It's been so long!

Yikes! It's been so long since I've been able to post! I didn't mean it to be so long, honest!

Bugsy jumped up on my lap one day while I was on the computer & I wanted to post about it. She's so cute!

Queenie decided that I'm OK again. She is cuddling on me again.

Pretty Girl now has "Cuddle Fluffer" as her nickname. She's very cuddly and loves to be snuggled.

Princess is very insistent on cuddles, and I'm so tired most of the time that she's getting testy.

Beasley is his usual, clingy, loving self.

I quit smoking the day before Christmas, and the nicotine replacement stuff I'm using has been causing some sleep disturbance. I've been so tired and it's hard to get back to sleep when I wake up. The longer I've been in bed, the harder it is to get back to sleep, too. So, maybe it's easy to get back to sleep at 11:45, a little harder to get back to sleep at 1:30, a little harder at 3:20, and harder still at 5:00. Then, the alarm goes off at 6:10 and it's time to get up. So, I've started going to bed about 10:30 at night, just to get enough sleep. That means taking my night-time pills at 9:30.

It seems to work, especially since there is absolutely nothing on TV. I'm reading my books (I got a 13-book series by Robert Jordan) and ignoring the TV except for the few shows that I can stand for reruns. I'll be glad when February gets here and they put some new episodes on TV again. I also got about 15 movies from a friend, so I have lots to do. That's a good thing, with the weather finally turning wintery.

Something really good happened, too. It was a "God Shot" as far as I'm concerned. My car has been confined to the garage since before Thanksgiving (mid November) because the gas was not getting to the engine. Everyone said it was going to cost a fortune to fix it. I changed the fuse and nothing happened. We all thought it was the fuel pump or the fuel pump relay. That's on the gas tank on my car. Lots of labor, drain the tank, and so on... Well, a friend from work gave me a phone number & said that person might be able to help. He came over, twisted the fuses in the fuse box, did some circuit testing & the car started! It was corrosion in the fusebox all this time! I even have brake lights again! So, the car is back on the road, just as gas prices come down again.

Anyway, I'm caught up as much as I can be for the moment. There is supposed to be a way I can email entries into the blog, and I'll try that I just never think about it. I've been crazy busy!

Till next time...

No comments: