Sunday, January 28, 2007

WooHoo! Got a Firewall!

Wow! It took almost 6 hours just to connect it, but I got a firewall! It's a Linksys router with firewall. It should help keep the viruses out and make things a bit easier. I was on the phone with Linksys for almost 4 of those hours! Between Bellsouth and Linksys, it was really tough. But - and this is HUGE - I can now surf the internet, take care of email and be more together in running the business!

I also got a Po box, so now folks can mail their payments. That should ease the burden of Paypal and credit card fraud. I put the info on the contact page, so it's already up and in use.

I was able to get a carrier yesterday, so the cats can now be evacuated if I need to do that. It was something that bugged me. Especially after Katrina and Rita, that I didn't have enough carriers to go around. I got a larger one, so I can put Bugs and Queenie in the same carrier if I need to.

Meanwhile, Bugs has been having a real problem with her tummy. It was hard before she got fixed, and I thought it was worms from the fleas. She was the last to get a flea collar. But, it's not worms. She seems to be allergic to her food. I got a special food, California Naturals yesterday, but so far there's no change. The smell isn't quite as bad, but the diarrhea is still there. She's very uncomfortable. However, she's very cuddly and knows that I'm working on it. I'm about to try a chub of grain-free food for her. I'll let you know how things work out.

Queenie is very cuddly, and in heat again. She's the last to get spayed, but her chirps are usually not too intrusive. She's beginning to get on my nerves, though. I realized tonight that she's cross-eyed! That oriental bloodline in her is very strong. Her eyes are yellow/gold, and her fur is black, but her body is fine boned and long. She has a lot of oriental in her from someplace.

Pretty Girl (Cuddle-Fluffer) is keeping her cuddly stuff going. She wants scratches and cuddles every time I walk by her. She was next to my pillow this morning when I woke up. Beasley was on the other side, and didn't seem to mind too much. I found them next to each other, head to head, watching me last night while I worked in the kitchen.

I've been chasing them out of the kitchen lately. I'm tired of feeling penned in to a little corner by 3 cats who think that the kitchen is only for them! I need to be able to cook and clean, after all!

Princess is still loving and giving. Her serene nature is a blessing in this household of 5 cats! She's an oasis of calm in the playtime insanity.

Well, I hope to post again soon. I have more changes to the computer to make. A new virus program and an internet camera/microphone. Wish me luck!

No comments: