Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Computer Troubles

Wow! I had a really nasty virus on the computer! It kept telling me my hard drive was full, and the poor thing was working really hard. I couldn't run a virus check or any diagnostics. I deleted a bunch of stuff that should have freed up a lot of space, and it still read 100% full. So, I formatted the hard drive!

I've spent the greater part of 3 days doing this. It's really hard to find time, especially when I work, too. I haven't been able to do anything on the website. Thank goodness I'd just posted 2 new pages before this.

I've lost all my cookies and other data. I don't know most of my user names or passwords for places I go on the internet. My browser kept all that information for me and automatically signed me in whenever I went to any of my usual sites. This is going to be a real experience! I can recover, but it's time consuming. Of course, I did a backup as soon as I had the computer working again.

Well, I need to go to bed. I'll be gone for a couple of days for Thanksgiving, but I really wanted to check in.

No comments: