Saturday, November 11, 2006

Cars, computers and cat urine smells

Well! Lots going on. The car is down, stopped yesterday morning. It seems that the fuel can't get to the engine. It has almost a full tank. I can't even get it to the mechanic right now. I talked it over with a friend & I'll get it fixed enough to run & trade it in. The poor thing is a 1981 Volvo station wagon. It just turned 200K miles, and needs a lot of work. I could fix it up, but the cost would be the same as a new car. Might as well just get a new car, right? At least I'll have something to drive. The insurance would be more, but if the new car needed repairs, I could get a rental while it's in the shop on the insurance. I totalled this car just after I got it. It was insured but not yet registered, so the car has seen better days. The only damage was some plastic around a headlight - but the age of the car was against it. So, I'll go ahead and get a new car.

The computer was making a lot of noise in the fan, so I took it apart and cleaned it. It's quieter now, and I'm not so afraid it won't work - but I called a fellow to come help me with it. I'm putting in a CD-R/W so I can take some stuff off the hard drive - it's getting pretty full, adding RAM and another hard drive. I just need more space for the pictures and website files. I hadn't planned on building a website when I got the computer, so it's at near capacity. So, instead of getting a new computer, I'm going to spend a little bit on this one to upgrade a bit. And the thing seems so slow and overburdened. My choices were to upgrade or get new - in this case, I'll upgrade for now.

My cats are fine, but there are 2 vacant apartments in the building. My landlady came by today to check things out & asked me to get something for the cat urine odor in the back hall & one of the vacant apartments. Now, that was a Godsend! I need the stuff myself because of some things that got marked before I added the 4th litter box, and I've been dealing with it - but not too effectively. I got inundated with fleas first, you remember. We have to wait another week to get the drops, but now I can get the Microbe-Clean on her dime. Not a bad trade off, all in all.

I guess there's a plan in all this, but it just seems overwhelming right now. I've been feeling kind of disconnected this past week. I've barely been able to function, and I'm not sure why. I've been sleeping and eating well, and work hasn't been that draining, but I've just been unable to cope. In my old life, I would have blamed it on Mercury retrograde, and maybe that's it. It just feels like everything has piled up on my at once.

At least my house is kind of clean! When the computer guy comes over tomorrow, I won't be totally embarassed by the place. Just by the smell of the urine that I've still got around here. It's my briefcase, OK? I just can't bring myself to get rid of it, but I really need to. All the rest is gone, but I just can't get rid of that because I need a briefcase. I guess I'll jave to take the stuff out of it that I can keep and toss the unit, use one of my totebags instead. Not as professional, but neither is a smelly briefcase! And, by tossing it, I won't have that smell in the house anymore.

So, yes, I deal with this stuff, too!!!! I'm not some guru who sits on the top of a mountain and tells you what to do. I live it. Cats are my life, even when I (sometimes) hate them. Beasley and Princess are fine, lets not get into "rescuing" cats, OK? I just can't take 5 cats & yet, I have that many right now. I sure hope that one or more of my visitors gets a home. I'm almost resigned to having 5 cats!

Well, all for now. Best to you and "Purr" to your furpeople.

No comments: