Friday, April 01, 2011

Pre-Planning for My Cats

I just lost a beloved aunt. Unexpected for sure, but she lived a full life.

It got me thinking again about how to care for the cats should something happen to me. My health isn't that great, and I'm older - not as old as she was, and I continually work to improve my health...

But still...

What if something happened to me? When I have surgery (planned) I can prepare for my cats and have someone take care of them. When I take a trip, I prepare, and have someone take care of them. But what if it wasn't planned? What would happen then? I have a neighbor who has a list of phone numbers to call, and she knows where the food is - but when the food runs out? If my sister can't get here to take care of things in time?

One of my readers sent me this link. It answers a lot of these questions, and I hope you will also find it useful...

http://www.humanesociety.org/assets/pdfs/pets/pets_in_wills_factsheet.pdf

No comments: