Saturday, April 16, 2011

Amazing Phone Call!

I got the most amazing phone call! A woman called asking if I was a cat shelter - she had to move and find homes for her cats.

I could hear the desperation in her voice, so I didn't let her hang up right away, and I knew she wanted to. She was defeated and discouraged. By a string of bad luck and bureaucracy, she lost her home - with 30 days left, she had to find a home for cats ranging in age from one year to 10 years. All fixed, none declawed.

I was able to point her in the right direction and maybe find homes for the felines.

It felt so good to be able to help! I can't take any more myself - having 5 is a financial burden when you are unemployed, disabled, and a student, like myself. But I try my best to help others, regardless.

I pointed her to Yahoo! Groups, and to Petfinder. Not so much for her to post her cats, since she has such a short time and Petfinder charges for listings - but to find folks around her that may have a foster situation going and could take her cats. If not permanently, then at least for a while till she got back on her feet.

I just wanted to share this - it was so extraordinary! I've been in a quandry about the website for so long - not knowing what direction to follow next, and not really having time to fix the stuff that keeps going wrong, either.

I just fixed a page, and already the images have been moved! I guess I'll have to download the images and then upload them to the site so that I have them. It's such a pain that my merchant partners can't be helpful and keep their images in one place - even when the links contain the images! Oh well.... That's another story for another day...

No comments: