Sunday, March 25, 2007

Stuff Not Available-Spring Cleaning

I had another incident of a supplier pulling their line this month. The register filters, ceiling fan dust catchers and the over-the-door cat activity center all disappeared this month. The supplier apparently went out of business or otherwise pulled all online efforts to reach customers. The products are no longer available no matter the reason.

This is the second time this has happened to me/us! At first, about a year ago, it was an odor control measure that I was promoting heavily, but now - right in the middle of promoting spring cleaning, the products go unavailable! I'm so angry I could spit!

The odor control measure was replaced by a much better product, Microbe Clean, but it was a shock and a blow at the time. So is this, but we will survive.

AND, I'm working very hard to provide alternative items. I'm also looking for ways get additional sources or go to the manufacturer myself, much as I did when I temporarily lost the HAV-A-HEART trap supplier I originally found 2 years ago. Over 100 people checked out the trap during that time, and I'm sure that all this is confusing for the general customer/reader.

I know, as a small businessperson, that if I lose supply for an item, I have an option of finding another, comparable product, or looking for that branded product from another supplier. Sometimes, the item is not available at all no matter how hard I look - the manufacturer might have stopped making it or gone out of business; or perhaps their supply of some crucial raw material has dried up or become scarce. This is all part of the global economy. It's the ebb and flow of business.

So, bear with me and I will find comparable products to reduce the allergens in your home. I promise I will. I have several folks I'm talking with right now who are working with me on this. Some of the best allergy sites on the internet used the same stuff I had, so we are all in the same boat. We need to get to the manufacturer, and I'm not in a position to do that - so I have to wait for them to do so.

It's a business thing - classification of business - so don't worry about it. It just means that the manufacturer won't work with me as he might with another website with another focus.

Anyway, stay with me & we'll get it fixed. We'll get a replacement.

In the mean time, try using a light mist of water and a damp towel or sponge to wipe up the allergens. If nothing else, you will be cleaning the house. Don't use a dry cloth to dust, always use some substance to catch the dust - water or furniture polish, it doesn't matter. Just use something to keep the dust from flying around like what happens with a dry cloth or broom.

Check here and the newsletter for notification when the new products are available.

No comments: