Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Kitty Visual Catnip...

My cats have been having a ball, watching the birds outside the window. I can't keep the bird feeders full.

The birds have this deal where they tip the feeders over, and spill the seed on the ground. I need some feeders that can't be tipped, I guess.

So, anyway, I finally stopped filling the things to the top and wasting all the seed. I now only put a little in every other day.

And the cats love it!

I've got the Sparrows, of course. They are greedy little feeders.

But I've also got Cardinals. Male and female juveniles and adults. They are so pretty!

No Finches yet. I think I need a different seed mix for those. No Grackles, either, or Starlings. I've had a few Ravens, but they moved on.

I hear the kitty chirping going on, even now...

-----------

It's been very cold here - about 15 last night. My neighbor's very tame and indoor-only cat got out a couple of days ago, and no one has seen her since. I'm worried that she's frozen to death. I checked what I could, and notified the neighbors on the other side, but I'm afraid there is little hope for her.

We'll keep looking.

No comments: