Saturday, October 29, 2011

Advertising in Person

One of the annual events I participate in, is the WUOT, or local public radio station, fund raiser. As my regular participation has yielded friends, I've been invited to participate in other things. It's been a pleasure to do this, but my time for one of these things is at an end. My poor body is about done with standing for more than an hour, and this year's "Boo at the Zoo" showed me just how long I could stand.

t's a five-hour stint of standing, entertaining, and handing out goodies to the local kids and adults who come to see what is up at the zoo, and to support the zoo. I made it three hours, and it took 3 days to recover.

But, because I knew it was likely to be my last time out, I went all-out in the costuming department. I was the "classical cat" (for classical music, and cats) while others in our group were other characters and personalities relating to our love of the station and it's programming. We have "Carl (chained to the) Cassil," "Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me! (there's a spider on my shoulder)," "Morning Edition (taking the photo, so not shown)," a "Foreign Correspondent," "Klick and Klack," a "Sports Reporter," and "Classical Cat." Here is a photo of our group...
I hope my body is better next year, and I can do it again, but if nothing else, I got to do it this year, and the memories will be there forever. We always have a good time, and handing out donuts at the end of the run is always fun!

Sticky, but fun!

No comments: