Friday, February 04, 2011

Counseling Rate Change

Unfortunately, I had to raise the price I charge for counseling, which I call "Cat Whispering."  It doesn't seem to have affected the number of folks requesting counseling, for which I am pleased. 

I spent about 6 months at the beginning, varying the price point to test what was most effective, and what worked best for me.  At a lower price, I had all the counseling I could handle - and more!  So I raised the price so that it was just enough of a bar that the folks who could find the answers on the site would look for them.  And it kept me from spending all day answering e-mails.  I had folks writing in, but not so many that I couldn't keep up. 

Lately, this has changed.  Again, a lot of e-mail, which I really love, but just can't seem to stay on top of.  That, and some increased expenses, have brought me to this point.  So, the counseling price went up the 1st of February, but not too much.  Still under $10, ($8.75) and I still get with folks as fast as I can. 

I just don't have time to get there everyday, and that bothers me.  I hope the delays don't cause too much of a problem, as the feedback I receive is very positive.  I know I'm helping.  Some folks come back with other issues, paying again.  Some folks make donations because they feel my help has been so helpful to them. 

I know that sometimes, it's just nice to have someone to talk to when you face a problem with your cat.  Someone who understands, empathizes, and just may have some insight.  I'm that person for a lot of folks.  And I love that part of it. 

You know, I've long said that I love every cat on the planet, and it's true.  I really do love them.  This way, I don't have to feed them all.  You folks can feed your cats, and I still get to love them.  That's a win-win for the cat!

No comments: